The Mid Suffolk Light Railway (The Middy) was part of an ambitious project to link Haughley Junction, on the main Norwich - Ipswich line, with Halesworth, on the East Suffolk. Finance proved difficult, and the line opened for passengers, for only part of the distance, in 1908. The ""Middy"" had already gone into receivership.
Included in the attractions already at Brockford Station are:
Original Middy buildings from Wilby, Brockford, Haughley and Mendlesham, almost all fully restored.
A Hudswell Clarke steam locomotive, and Great Eastern coaches.
Displays of photos, artifacts and other memorabilia.
Great Eastern refreshment coach; souvenir and book shop.
Trackbed walk and picnic area.